Re: [Gnumed-devel] login

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] login
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:41:08 +1000

Elizabeth Dodd wrote:

> 7.4 and 8.0 are both available from unstable.
> which do i choose?
Either
> do i need any other packages?
no, you should already have them

You will need to check out a CVS tree and edit the postgres config file, among
other things,
that is to say, Andreas' client packages haven't yet made the overall process
any simpler.
(this is not a criticism, it's just the way it works)

I have a 10Mbit and I find transcontinental connections are too slow even for
development work, and
here in Oz installing your own server really is a must.
(around  7-10 minutes to open a patient, despite only having 3 modules, so it's
only going to get worse)

Liz, I am happy to open the appropriate ports on haywood.bpa.nu, this *may* be
faster, but I suspect
still unworkably slow.

Ian