[Gnumed-devel] Re: Debian packages

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Debian packages
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 19:22:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:

i just downloaded 12 packages

Could you please be a little bit more verbose on this item.  GNUmed
client currently sits in Debian unstable.  I expect it to move tomorrow
to testing because it was in unstable now for 10 days without a
release critical bug.  If your /etc/apt/sources.list points to
testing and your system is adjusted to install packages from
testing than a simple

     apt-get install gnumed-client

will suffice (tomorrow or the day after tomorrow). I have no idea what you mean with "i just downloaded 12 packages".

changed to a konsole
typed gnumed according to the instructions found in the docs
and
address@hidden gnumed
bash: gnumed: command not found

there is also no postgres on my system - i'm interested to see what happens
when it does start

You will not need postgres for the client.  You can uses the public
server.

I'd managed to install everything bar gnumed-client  :-((

Sorry, I can't parse this sentence.

Kind regards

             Andreas.

--