Re: [Gnumed-devel] running from cvs

From: Richard Hosking
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] running from cvs
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 21:30:27 +0800

Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

So it seems to be a problem with your python. Installing 2.4 might solve it but I am curious about the origin of this error because other users might have the same problem and I would like to nail it down.

Is your python2.3 a stock python or some version you got somewhere else ?
is it possible for you to reinstall python 2.3 before installing python 2.4 ? Becuase I have some installation here which work fine with python2.3

Anyway if installing 2.4 solves it for you just go ahead.

The install is from Linux Systems Labs Australia - I did not do checksums or anything, but they purport it to be an "official" Sarge distro I had python2.4 installed also, but all the various packages seemed to be associated with 2.3 I tried uninstalling it but this seemed to kill everything so will do the Debian install again
There isnt much on the laptop in Linux  - I have WinXP also

Richard