Re: [Gnumed-devel] running from cvs

From: Richard Hosking
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] running from cvs
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:18:20 +0800

Have reinstalled Debian and all the bits - I will be a bit more careful next time! I noted that during the install some of the packages were unable to establish a locale - the output from KPackage was:

            perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
   LANGUAGE = "en_AU:en_US:en_GB:en",
   LC_ALL = "en_US",
   LANG = "en_AU"
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
Selecting previously deselected package python2.3-pgsql.

The error remains
echo $LANG returned en_AU
Export didnt change the error.
Check prerequisites is OK
What is the locale anyway?

(I am about to go away for a week so you will have a rest after this!)

Thanks
Richard

Ian Haywood wrote: