Re: [Gnumed-devel] When & where to present GNUmed e.g. IEEE Symposium? R

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] When & where to present GNUmed e.g. IEEE Symposium? Role of "Papers"?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:41:43 +1100

J Busser wrote:
>> The major barriers between Gnumed and widespread use (at least in
>> Australia) are  the lack of a prescribing module and the lack of an
>> integrated appointments/accounting system

> So I would suggest the supporters of GNUmed, inside each country,
> identify a commercial vendor that is willing to let its own partial
> solution (scheduling and billing) inter-operate with GNUmed.
In Australia the main billing product has a matching clinical product,
so they aren't going to 'inter-operate' willingly.

However the DDE protocol they use is published, so GNUmed can easily
'pretend' to be Medical Director (the product in question) without too much
fuss,

> re prescribing:

> For Australia, Richard Terry had reported on-list (see the archive)
> special permission having been obtained from an Australian company (or
> branch) to allow their drug inventory to reside in drugref, at least for
> the GNUmed project, on at least a trial basis. But I do not know where
> it stands.
This is not the rate-limiting step: we already have data for Australia and
Germanu,
we first need to write some backend tables for holding prescribing data.

Ian H
.