Re: [Gnumed-devel] When & where to present GNUmed e.g. IEEE Symposium? R

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] When & where to present GNUmed e.g. IEEE Symposium? Role of "Papers"?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:29:57 +0100

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 08:23:46PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> For example if you already register patients in a satisfactory
> scheduling and billing program it is possible to "push" the patient's
> registration information into GNUmed (or to switch to GNUmed and
> "pull" it in)
It may or may not be so. This isn't by any means guarantueed !

> and then conduct your clinical work inside GNUmed.
That's the plan.

> So I would suggest the supporters of GNUmed, inside each country,
> identify a commercial vendor that is willing to let its own partial
> solution (scheduling and billing) inter-operate with GNUmed.
This has proven intractable so far here in Germany.

> A proven approach has been taken by OSCAR McMaster which, for
> prescribing, deployed an instance (correct term?) of drugref and
> after populating it with a Canadian inventory of drugs, wrote hooks
> from OSCAR for prescription-writing.
That's how it's intended to be done. We should/will do it
that way, too.

> So with a suitable prescribing module, installations of GNUmed in
> Canada could share access to that same server. One drugref server per
> country might serve the needs of multiple clinics using different OSS
> EMRs.
Sure. However, it'd be fairly easy to setup one's own
drugref instance. Once we are working on prescription
functionality we'll be setting up a public testing drugref
server, too.

> re appointments:
There's, well, not exactly a plethora, but quite some
choices for that. Appointment handling is a generic
horizontal application.