Re: [Gnumed-devel] remote control GNUmed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] remote control GNUmed
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:54:33 +0100

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 12:42:11PM +1100, Ian Haywood wrote:

> This is good work. Unfortunately we can't do anything like
> this in Australia which is where a lot of the mis-communication stems.
> For us GNUmed has to be the "kitchen-sink": it has to do *everything*
> because the proprietary guys aren't interested in interoperating.
Neither are ours. It just so happens that a medical council
defined the interface in question and forced it down the
throat of them other guys. They now use if for
interoperation between commercial add-ons and medical
devices. It also just so happens that the particular
application our parents use for billing has an ever so
sligthly enhanced version of that interface (eg you can pass
out to other applications a particular piece of information
that can depend on some sort of context). By no means are
all or even most of the applications on the market that
amenable to interoperation.

> One solution may be to load tables for prescribing etc. as part
> of the 'Australian' configuration file (even though we will try to
> keep it as international as possible) until it stabilises and can be
> moved into the main config.
As I said. I am perfectly fine with you guys defining a
schema "med_au" and happily hack away on it. I am
envisioning locale specific schemata anyways -- we already
started to introduce and use the "de" schema which isn't going
to be of any use or interest to you guys (as it contains
tables related to German medical card handling etc).

> P.S. No this topic, I would like to make one request for the tracking tables:
> an we add an "unread" flag? This would allow us to flag documents/path stuff
> to be viewed by a particular doctor (as opposed to what they have viewed)
I am very amenable to such changes at the moment. Please
study the current schema and suggest specific places you
want to be modified. What exactly is the use case ?