Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed remote control

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed remote control
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:47:51 +0100

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 04:35, J Busser wrote:
> The same local (regional) medical billing and scheduling system of
> which I just spoke, the one that started out with a desktop product
> that used MS Access, has shifted their billing to a web-based
> service. They have found it has proven very attractive to various
> health professionals (not just doctors) who have a low volume of
> electronic claims to submit. This architecture permits the company to
> maintain an "installed base" (server) limited to a single unit which
> makes it very easy for them to look after.
>
> They are interested to consider being "written-to" in an "EMR
> agnostic" fashion.
>
> Just shows you another business model that might create niche
> opportunities for companies that don't aim to become full EMRs, that
> may be interested in EMRs connecting to them.
I am glad you brought  this up. This is exactly what Karsten and me have been
talking about all along. This company actually benefits from GNUmed and
hundreds more projects / programs that lack billing. Just as they lack
everything besides billing.

Kepp the connection alive. We can work with them. Sure , in the beginning the
don't feel comfotable to change any of their code just so. As time passes
they will learn that this actually is an opportunity for them and will be
asking how to connect. We will happily tell them. Once we have worked with
one company it's easier to talk to other companies.

The theory is simple. Let's see how it works out.

Sebastian