Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: get something done

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: get something done
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:22:24 +0100

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 16:13, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > What can I say. Wiki,Wiki, Wiki.
This comment has been misleading :-) I wanted to emphasize the fact that we
have a Wiki already and I miss it. That's all. Unless their will be an
updated version in Debian Sarge ( I have read about progress) I see little I
can do to help.

> Nothing against the Wiki-Hype, but are your really sure that a Wiki
> is the solution for your actual problem.  Isn't a Wiki not something to
> enforce *many* people edit content.
The Wiki is an easy way for *me* to store content. That is all. I hate static
html which needs to be downloaded, edited, uploaded. I don't like bloated CMS
for that task. So I don't care about Wiki hype. It's an easy method for me to
enter structured content.
> If I'm not missleaded the *huge
> number* of people who provide content is not your main problem.
We can handle those :-)
> The more
> problem is that you are currently 3 or maximum 5 people who provide
> content.
Every once in a while someone actually uses the Wiki. I am sure they don't
mail me html files or text.

> For this I think some simple HTML pages maintained in a CVS and
> pushed via cron job to a simple web server is the method to choose instead
> of all this fiddling around with Wiki-stuff.
I partly agree. Wiki still makes it loads easier to edit the content in a
timely fashion. Does it make sense for me to bring up the missing Wiki over
and over again instead of whipping up some simple html pages ?

I 'd say yes. Am I going to create those pages ? Nope. Sorry for that.
Am I going on about the Wiki ? Sure thing.

But you actually made me think. Time permitting I will install a local copy on
my PC to be able to edit content until we can go live again.

> Just a simple thought - feel free to ignore it if it sounds not helpful
I value your input. Always gives me a chance to rethink chronic situations.

>      Andreas.
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hilbert