Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: get something done

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: get something done
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:36:35 +0100

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 19:24, J Busser wrote:
> At 6:42 PM +0100 11/30/05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> >  > If not #1 (no volunteers on installing and maintaining) and if #2 can
> >>
> >>  truly be found this cheap, let me pay this on an interim basis for,
> >>  say, two years. That's only $120 and I have easily lost more time
> >>  over wiki issues than I care to think about.
> >
> >http://www.siteground.org/twiki-hosting.htm
> >
> >I have no idea who they are. They were turned up by a google search.
>
> They seem to want $89 monthly for their "VPS" package that includes TWiki
Yes. I noticed that when I asked their sales rep. They used to have $5
packages. So any more. They recommended a TikiWiki package which to me seems
to be a full blown CMS with blog, ... Overkill if we just need a wiki.

I have used postnuke before which is quite similar. Their sales people said
they don't automatically upgrade. We will have to tell them when security
fixes are due. The do however have 10 Postgres DBs included :-)

If you ask me TikiWiki is more than we need plus we would need to convert from
TWiki. But it's your call.

Sebastian