Re: [Gnumed-devel] schema changes requested

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] schema changes requested
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 17:59:09 +0100

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 08:43:50PM +1100, Ian Haywood wrote:

> >> they would not be re-usable for filling in a, say, follow-up
> >> form or re-creating the form with a slight variation
> >> (because of mis-spelling, whatnot).
> If you re-use them, would you not want these changes
> to propagate to the fields of the original clinical tables?
No. Maybe yes in the case of a spelling mistake but that's
not the important case. What I routinely do daily:

Start editing a form, say a referral. Press <Alt-B> to
invoke Befund (sOap) selection. Mark a few items. Transfer
them to the referral form. Then I usually notice that the
wording in my notes has been too casual or something and fix
a word or three ...

> And how do you edit them, without writing separate 'real' and
> 'forms data' widgets for the same data?
It is immediately obvious to me that you'd want separate
widgets ? I mean, one purpose is to *gather data* in the
most efficient fashion. The other is to *use* that data in
producing a form -- with some editing if needed.