Re: [Gnumed-devel] intended recipient (was schema changes requested)

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] intended recipient (was schema changes requested)
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 08:03:26 +1100

J Busser wrote:
> During the requesting of anything that may prompt incoming information:
>
> GNUmed identifies patient's "default" doctor (advise new thread if
> concept in dispute)
>     intended recipient is set to that doctor
>     else intended recipient = logged-in / approving doctor
>     --> means some tables will also require "approved_by_clinician" field
Remember, we can't link path. reports to their requests (the format is stupid)
The format does contain a field for the name of the requesting doctor.
That person must legally see the report (this is the whole point)
> when result comes back, if intended recipient is away
>     office workflow could identify which doctor would sign the result
>     if signer is not intended recipient
>         intended recipient will want to see on their return
The way it works at present is someone will say "can you check my inbox while
i'm away"?
> Sebastian was asking about how I might like to use results. I would
> point out that, when results come in, there is a question the comes
> after signing, and that is  whether more action on the result is needed.
> If I am covering for a groupmate's absence, I will look at their
> patients' results, which will fit into the following:
> - normal, or not clinically_important (implies no action needed)
> - abnormal AND clinically_important + action needed prior to return of
> intended_recipient
> - abnormal AND clinically_important *but* action can wait until return
> of intended_recipient
There's a comment field already for storing actions. I don't think we should
complicate
the schema further for these edge-cases.

What would be useful is a mode on the Inbox widget to show results "intended
for me but
signed by someone else while I was away" which we can already do with the
current tables.

Ian