Re: [Gnumed-devel] Help needed please

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Help needed please
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 13:57:58 +0100

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 05:48:25PM +1100, Richard wrote:

> Perhaps you could understand the logic of the script. It seems to create the
> db, then the user gm-db to own the database (so how can I know what the
> password is)
Well, in case gm-dbo does not exist yet you get to chose the
password by entering one. If it existed you would be
supposed to know the password. The latter case could be
handled better, I agree. It could explicitely tell you that
you should know it and maybe allow re-setting the password
to something you get to chose.

> Does it assume the password is blank,
no

pg_hba.conf:
> # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> local   all         all                               trust
The following two lines are redundant since the fist line
allows unlimited access to *anyone*.

> local    template1 postgres                             ident sameuser
> local    gnumed    all                                  md5
> host     gnumed    all    127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255     md5
The database is either gnumed_v1 or gnumed_v2.