Re: [Gnumed-devel] schema changes requested

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] schema changes requested
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 12:02:42 +1100

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> Is it correct that in your medical system patient's go to some lab ? In
> Germany we don't send the patients anywhere but the probes.

"Probe" [engl.] = "Sonde" [deutsch]

Here we say we send the "bloods" or the "specimens" to the lab.

But yes - it is rightfully considered a waste of expensive professional time
for doctors to take the blood themselves unless special circumstances like
extremely difficult patients, otherwise nurses or even designated
phlebotomists / path assistants do that task for us on request

Horst