Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: When will GNUmed be ready (was Eureka! - ?found t

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: When will GNUmed be ready (was Eureka! - ?found the error gnuMed running now)
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 12:37:06 +0100

On Friday 09 December 2005 08:47, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, J Busser wrote:
> >     http://www.mybrochuremaker.com/tri-fold-brochure-fun.html
>
> Without checking what you have done: If you want to see an example for
> a tri-fold-brochure flyer check out
>
>         http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/SkoleLinux/Flyer
This skolelinux page looks like I might borrow some ideas. Simple site and a
few links. I am a big fan of contents management systems but when it comes to
the user they are generally not what a first time visitor is looking for.

They make it easy to publish content but provide so many navigational and
conceptual elements that users don't find the information they are looking
for.

I get the feeling the first page of every site needs to be a text to read. A
text that fills a page a or so. This is what makes the visitir become a user
or not. They will make up their mind when reading the first page. Like in a
newspaper. I generally read the first few paragraphs to get a clue what they
are talking about skipping ahead and if I decided this is worth my time I
fully read it.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany