Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed brochures (was When will GNUmed be ready)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed brochures (was When will GNUmed be ready)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:41:10 +0100

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 02:22:27PM +0100, Hilmar Berger wrote:

>>> I would emphasize the long-time goals more than what GNUmed can do today.
>> People don't give a s*t what GNUmed wants to become
>> eventually.
> I tend to disagree.
I speak from experience in talking with people.

> As I already pointed out, GNUmed can't be everything
> to everyone.
True.

> So what is GNUmed ? A collection of medical plugins ? A
> framework for developing health care applications for doctors ?
> What are you trying to achieve ?
> I really doubt that you will attract anyone without telling him what GNUmed
> is supposed to be (project vision).
If you suggest putting a clearly labelled mission statement
into the brochure then that might make sense, yes.

>> The only interest is in whether they can sell it
>> to other people today.
> Ah, wait. Who is that brochure for ? Doctors ? Software companies ?
> Potential developers ?
> The message for every of the above will be different.
Currently we'll mostly need a flyer for potential users.

> > > You should say that GNUmed one day is planned to be a
> > > complete EMR with possibe integration of other software
> > > (billing etc.).
> I agree that we will have to tell what parts are ready. Still, IMHO the
> vision is the most important part of the message.
Not so. You are right that we should put into the flyer what
the goal/vision IS. But it isn't the *most important* part.
Not from what real people in meatspace have asked of GNUmed
as of today.