Re: Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed brochures (was When will GNUmed be re

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed brochures (was When will GNUmed be ready)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:50:53 +0100

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 14:23, Hilmar Berger wrote:
> > Von: Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
> >
> > > I would emphasize the long-time goals more than what GNUmed can do
> >
> > today.
> > People don't give a s*t what GNUmed wants to become
> > eventually.
>
> I tend to disagree.
Good

> As I already pointed out, GNUmed can't be everything
> to everyone.
True

> So what is GNUmed ? A collection of medical plugins ? A
> framework for developing health care applications for doctors ?
Depends on you audience

> What are you trying to achieve ?
Depends on you audience
> I really doubt that you will attract anyone without telling him what GNUmed
> is supposed to be (project vision).
True. We disagree on the scope or definition of vision.
I envision short term goals.

> > The only interest is in whether they can sell it
> > to other people today.
>
> Ah, wait. Who is that brochure for ? Doctors ? Software companies ?
> Potential developers ?
Brochure is for doctors. Software companies are expected to get their butts up
and read the extensive documentation online or ask me directly.

> The message for every of the above will be different.
True.

> > > You should say that GNUmed one day is planned to be a
> > > complete EMR with possibe integration of other software
> > > (billing etc.).
> >
> > There's plenty of VaporWare "on the market" that people can
> > buy into. Get real.
>
> I agree that we will have to tell what parts are ready. Still, IMHO the
> vision is the most important part of the message.
We still disagree. Vision is good for investors and academic people. Doesn't
help doctors a bit. Just read facharzt.de (German) and you will get a feeling
for the issues that bother doctors. They want solutions now. They are fed up
with vaporware. Universities produce vapoware all the time. They are just
good at selling their name to managers who don't know sh... Those manager
will then force the software or regulations down doctor's throats.

Ask any doctor in Leipzig. They don't care sh.. about GNUmed's long term
goals. We should care. Thereby helping doctors to tealn to care.

Keep those disagreements alive. Shows that different people have different
goals. The goals I voice are simply those of the people I know about.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany