Re: [Gnumed-devel] Specs (was: Gnumed brochures)

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Specs (was: Gnumed brochures)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:22:39 +1100

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:03, Syan Tan wrote:
> my impression is that he finds "usabality is 99%" , and ranks
> this nonfunctional requirement as 1-5,
> and things like maintainability, scalability, robustness,
> self-healing rank outside 10+ because users are overworked or burnt out
> and are disgusted with having to deal with complexity encroaching
> on usability, just because perfectionist propellorheads want
> the latter.

I believe robustness and maintainability (= ease of administration) are a
"conditio sine qua non".

There is absolutely no point in entering data into a system that cannot
guarantee that the data will still be accessible unaltered when you need it.

No matter how "user friendly" a program is on the surface, even if it would
read my mind and structure the records for me just by blinking my eyes, it
would be absolutely useless if it wasn't robust enough.

Horst