[Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Application for port-number: ssad (Assigned-4750) [I

From: Horst Herb
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Application for port-number: ssad (Assigned-4750) [I06-051114-0006]
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:28:05 +1100

Hooray, my application for port number allocation was successful.

Meaning that since I can now rely on port 4750 for my "simple service
discovery" protocol - meaning that projects like wagtail and gnumed can enjoy
zero configuration installations where even the server is found by the
clients automagically as long as it is within broadcast address mask range.

http://ozdocit.org/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=wagtail&path=%2Fpwdservice%2FSSDServer.py&rev=0&sc=0
http://ozdocit.org/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=wagtail&path=%2Fpwdservice%2FSSDFinder.py&rev=0&sc=0

Enjoy,
Horst
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Application for port-number: ssad (Assigned-4750) [I06-051114-0006] Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:18:57 -0800
Dear Dr Horst Herb,

We have assigned the following user port number with you as the point of
contact:

ssad            4750/tcp   Simple Service Auto Discovery
ssad            4750/udp   Simple Service Auto Discovery
#                          Dr Horst Herb <address@hidden> December 2005

See: <http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers>

Please notify the IANA if there is a change in contact information by
completing the following template:

<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mod_portno.pl>

Thank you,

Pearl Liang
IANA

Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
Marina del Rey, California 90292

Voice: (310) 823-9358
FAX:   (310) 823-8649