Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed v 0.1 questions

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed v 0.1 questions
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:39:57 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 02:12:49PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:
>

>>The 0.1 client (windows binary and debian .deb) references a
>>non-working database, correct?
>
> No, which one ? If so it needs to be fixed *ASAP*.
>
> Using the command line psql tool the database is there and
> seems alright ?
>

>>So I should either put on the wiki a disclaimer or notice that people
>>should not use them. Or provide instructions how to adjust / fix,
>>post-installation, if anyone cares to point.
>
> We first need information on what makes you think it's
> broken. A log might help.

By "non-working" I think that Jim may mean "demo" or "test" as opposed
to "production" i.e. a database where people can store their own data,
safely. The point is that people may mistakenly think that, having
installed GNUmed v0.1 or booted teh CD, they are OK to strt entering
real patient data. Remember that almost no-one reads README files or
other instructions, until it is too late.

Tim C