[Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed.conf

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed.conf
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:59:14 -0800

At 8:03 PM +0100 12/29/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Andrea's Debian installer puts the client under /usr/bin/python2.3 so
> I gather any users logged into such a machine would all access a
> shared copy of the client
Yes.

> that keeps only one configuration?
No. Each user has her configuration under
~/.gnumed/gnumed.conf.

I notice that under my individual machine (nonroot) account "jb" there *does* exist this directory containing:
        gmBMIWidgets.log
        gnumed.conf
        .gmcCfg.bak
        gnumed.log

How did this directory and files get created? Does it get created automatically (if it did not already exist) the first time that gnumed is run while logged into any particular machine account?

And the above does not explain how, when a machine is logged into a *machine* account, but a user like a secretary logs out of GNUmed, and a different user (like a doctor) logs in, whether there is any other configuration (other than what sits in that machine's ~.gnumed/gnumed.conf) that responds to this different kind of user to determine the kind of workspace that they enter.

I know there has been some discussion of this, but on the wiki we have only so far
   http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/PluginFramework
says the plugin load list configuration is by workplace not by user, just change your workplace name in gnumed.conf but does not seem practical to change manually each time a user changes.

Alteratively
   http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/ConfigurationStoredInBackend
   (with a link to an archived email) suggests more automatic options and flexibility. Does it still seem accurate, is this method presently in use and functioning?

Lastly I had also compiled bits and pieces of information into a placeholder topic
   http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/DirectoryStructure
anything there that needs major change?