[Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed.conf

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed.conf
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:23:20 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, J Busser wrote:

They are not hidden, meaning if I cd into .gnumed, the command ls will show them, I don't need to add the -a.

Are the files *supposed* to be hidden?

The are hidden in the following sense: A user does not see the directory
containing the files whan doing a simple ls or has his file manager
configured to not show hidden files.  If a user switches intentionally
to the hidden directory .gnumed than there is no sense at all for
further hidding stuff.

Are users not intended to be modifying their config file ~/.gnumed/gnumed.conf or are they intended to be able to know or figure out that these are hidden, but that it is OK to modify them anyway?

Users who know what they are doing can do what they want.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de