Re: [Egadss-devel] Re: [Gnumed-devel] incompatibility between glif and g

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Egadss-devel] Re: [Gnumed-devel] incompatibility between glif and gnumed ?
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 09:13:14 +1100

Syan Tan wrote:
> at the moment, playing with the protege gui,  searching is still pretty crap
> (only exact match instances of a class,
>
> not search on  say  a path e.g.  identity.dob.year >= 1950  and
> identity.dob.year <=1960 and identity.sex = Male

Syan,

Protege is intended as a tool to develop an ontology, not to provide
practical implementations of it. The ability to create instances of
classes is there only to make it easier to "field test" the ontology
against real-life examples of instances of classes and subclasses
easier, not as a place to actually store lots of class instances in a
production setting. Hence teh rudimentary search facilties etc.

Tim C