Re: [Gnumed-devel] boostrapping

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] boostrapping
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:59:44 -0800

The original subject of this was "Creating gnumed with sqls alone" but this part relates better to bootstrapping.

At 1:27 PM +0100 1/10/06, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 10:06:24AM +1100, Ian Haywood wrote:
> Ideally, we should have one executable in bootstrap/, with
> an obvious name: "run_me.py" or somesuch.
I don't think it's a clever idea to make it appear easy for
people who don't read documentation. We do have quite
detailed and accurate documentation thanks to Jim.

I make no claims to anything special, but the revisions I have done (after trial and error) may make things clearer for people who are learning as they go along:

http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/DatabaseOnGNULinux

Two related wiki pages. One that Karsten started, and which I have tuned,
   http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/ConfigurePostgreSQL

and one that a local person, familiar with Oracle and other databases, has been building as they try to help me:
   http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/BusserPostgres