Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmClinical.sql and general comments

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmClinical.sql and general comments
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:16:05 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>  select currval('clinical.vaccination_link_regimes_to_indications_pk_seq');
Honestly yes. I've suffered the pain of trying to work out tables like "madxdat"
too many times. Long table names are least of our problems in terms of
development slowness.

Your example is 41 characters: think of it as 24 to spare ;-)

Nevertheless I'm not arguing this is a priority for all developers immediately.
It's reasonable to do as we're doing: make sure new SQL is readable, and slowly
migrate the
existing stuff. "sed" and "find" can automate a lot of simple name changes.

Ian