Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: create user UI plugin

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: create user UI plugin
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:22:04 -0800

At 12:13 AM +0100 1/19/06, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> the extra staff not null details, such as staff role and sign ( which I asssume
 you can cut and paste a rsa public key, much like savannah does ) .

Nope, sign is intended for a short "call-sign" thingy, eg
"Leonard McCoy" has "LMcC". This is used where we need a short
signum for the provider. Please suggest a better term, anyone.

Maybe consider

short_name
short_form
user_initials
unique_initials

So far, I have not seen in the schema wiki-like spellings for field names, for example shortName or uniqueInitials. So probably best to not start using them mid-process, even if postgres would tolerate them?