Re: [Gnumed-devel] Transferring/importing/bootstrapping from legacy syst

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Transferring/importing/bootstrapping from legacy systems
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:33:40 +0100

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 08:58:10AM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> There is the following (shareware, $45) from the same site where
> Richard has chosen to get/use some tools:
>       http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.320
I hear good things about EMS PG tools but I have no idea
whether it would support properly inserting the data into
our schema. It should but I can't attest to that.

> > > - link table (patients' diagnoses)

> Patient table:
>       patient_id                              => dem.identity.pk

> Diagnoses Table:                      => clin.coded_narrative
>       icd9_or_custom_code,    => .code
>       description                             => .term
and, depending on .code => .xfk_coding_system = 'icd9' or 'Jim Busser custom
code'

> LinkPt2Dx Table:
>       fk_patient_id, fk_icd9_or_custom_code
Aha.

0) create patient
1) create encounter             (perhaps date of import or other if available)
2) create episode               (perhaps named after the diagnosis)
3) create soAp row in clin.clin_narrative with narrative = diagnosis
4) create row in clin.clin_diag pointing to the clin.clin_narrative row in 3)

Done. Easy, isn't it ?  :-)