Re: [Gnumed-devel] good news regarding PostgreSQL

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] good news regarding PostgreSQL
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 22:41:12 -0800

At 9:24 AM +0800 2/4/06, Syan Tan wrote:
thanks, will take a look. Don't quite understand about the pg_hba.conf,
but you're saying it's per group rather than per database definition of local and host
type of database access , which is sending of md5 hashes of passwords
( this isn't challenge-authentication, is it ?; can some one spoof the md5 password packets ?)
 I've been trying to get kerberos working lately ( mainly because my gsasl is saying something
about credentials when I try to get ldap to work with default configuration).
Postgres does kerberos too , doesn't it?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/client-authentication.html
20.1. The pg_hba.conf file
20.2. Authentication methods
20.2.1. Trust authentication
20.2.2. Password authentication
20.2.3. Kerberos authentication
20.2.4. Ident-based authentication
20.2.5. PAM authentication
20.3. Authentication problems

Our GNUmed wiki page has not yet been updated to reflect Karsten's most recent refinements:
http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/WebHome?topic=ConfigurePostgreSQL