Re: [Gnumed-devel] Hello all

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Hello all
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 19:07:17 +0800

there was an extraction tool posted on ozdocit.org some time. It maps any tables named in a configuration to a directory tree, and

table rows become files , and also memo data. Not very popular though ( sort of sparked of recriminations about the ethical nature

of extracting data , even for research purposes - even the research to produce the tool had its ethics questions. That's life I supposed.
( i.e. everyone will accept using medical director and any other software peddled as emr, but no one wants to analyse the nature of the applications they are using ).

On Wed Feb 8 20:32 , Elizabeth Dodd sent:

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:07, Daniel Moore wrote:
> I am at the moment looking at writing a tool to extract specific
> information from the mess that is called medical director. Has this already
> been done?
>
> Daniel Moore
> ICT Officer
A generic extraction tool ?
Or for a specific end purpose?
Could you specify more?
I think that this sounds like a project fit for computing students - we have
been approached in Au regarding finding suitable projects.

--
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
-- Steven Wright