Re: [Gnumed-devel] other authentication methods

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] other authentication methods
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:14:56 +0100

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 01:59:51AM +0800, Syan Tan wrote:

> I've put a first draft of a HOWTO on the wiki. Hope someone will get some
> masochistic fun out of it.
Nice ! Thanks.

FYI re your last paragraph: in PostgreSQL it *is* possible
to create database-specific users with help of the syntax

        "create user <db>.<user> ..."

Like: "create user "gnumed_v2.any-doc" with password ..."

I contemplated using that but chose not to as users would be
surprised to see their logins stop working when the GNUmed
database is upgraded between versions. It is still possible
to do so it's just that the default users aren't set up that
way.