Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: [openhealth] Demonstrations & Standards.

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: [openhealth] Demonstrations & Standards.
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:26:38 +0800

maybe if we did a script that produces randomly "simulated" records and put them into gnumed

and say have about 15,000 of them, with some small infrequent for the younger patients

e.g have a  simulated " immunization ", "urti", "asthma", "cystic fibrosis", "adhd" paediatric records

with 99% immunization 10% asthma etc,   total 20%

and a simulated "medical certificate", "bronchitis", "blocked ear", "depression" , "psychosis", "drug related", "impotence", "pregnancy", "antenatal " , "fracture" ,

younger adult population records, for 10%

and a simulated "hypertension", "diabetes", "cholesterol", "early coad", "arthritis", "work related injury", "alcoholism",
"pain medication dependence"  older adult records , for 40%

and a simulated "skin cancer", "ccf", "cancer", "dementia", "COAD", "fracture/osteoporosis", "multiple medications"

"home/nursing home attendace" geriatric records for 20 %  ,

 of 15,000

then demonstrate how scalable and practical, minimally functional, an open source medical solution

even something in alpha like gnumed can be.  The point being, most of the problems of usable, scalable, capable,

networked ,  is dealt with with in the postgresql / debian package / gnu libraries/ linux + drivers  stack,

and application development is not the hard stuff in software, but writing to apis and frameworks,

ontop of the stack which has 10K person +  X 20 years  development behind it.

On Thu Mar 23 8:31 , James Busser sent:

The following thread is active at openhealth. Would we like to submit
GNUmed's "export to text file" as a "good enough" solution for
awareness / consideration by others, for suggested improvements, and
possible adoption by others?

Begin forwarded message: