Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap on Windows

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap on Windows
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:24:27 +0100

On Sunday 26 March 2006 12:05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> Trying to bootstrap natively on MS Windows bails out with the following
> error:
>
> log fie attached
>
> I then tried remote bootstrapping. I supplied the IP address of the Windows
> machine to the bootstrap config files an got this
>
> log attached
>
> I would be glad if anyone could take a look.
>
> If you want to boostrap yourself maybe the redo_v2.bat I just commited to
> CVS can serve as a starting point
bootstrapping on Windows continues to fail due to some problems in the
GNUmed's sql. It is however possible to get a GNUmed database running on MS
Windows with little effort by restoring a database dump. I have successfully
used pgadminIII to create dumps and restore it on a Windows box as well as
dump and restore in Windows only.

Overall a pretty painless process which will be automated and moved inside a
binary installer over time. GNUmed runs just fine on Windows. The whole
process has been documented in our Wiki.

Having proof that GNUmed can be installed in multiple environment it is now
time to clean up the code for a 0.2 release.
--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany