Re: [Gnumed-devel] Greetings and wishing come back to GNUMed work

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Greetings and wishing come back to GNUMed work
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:33:51 +0200

On Monday 17 April 2006 09:39, Carlos Moro wrote:
> Hello dear fellows!!
>
>  I'm very sorry for having been away so much time. Large history, but at
> this date life situation is starting to become little more stable after all
> these months of absolute stressant uncertitude. At last, I'm living in
> Stockholm, where I have recently started my specialty at pathology ...
>
>  I have missed all this time the contact and work with all of you and would
> like to progressively coming back to contribute to this wonderful project.
> At this moment I can't assure how many hours can I dedicate per week (due
> to personal -I'm getting married soon! ;) - and work reasons - resident
> life is not easy, even in pathology ;)
You tell me about resident life :-)

> - ), but I'll try to do my best in a
> continuous rythm...

>  I have update my cvs tree and tried to set gnumed-v2 up, but I have some
> problems while boostrapping (after follow wiki instructions). I have
> created a system gmadm account, which I first use to: createdb gnumed_v2.
> The error in postgresql.log seems like obscure to me, as gmadm should
> access to template1 via dbo-alikes via ident...
As far as I can see the errors is in the postgresql log file.

FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "[local]", user "gmadm", database
"template1", SSL off

exactly !

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD
#local   all         all                               trust
# IPv4 local connections:
#host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host    all         all         ::1/128               trust
# allow some people to impersonate "postgres" when connecting to template1
local   template1   postgres   ident   postgres-alikes
# allow real "postgres" to connect to all databases
local   all         postgres   ident   sameuser
# allow some people to impersonate "gm-dbo"
local   template1   gm-dbo     ident   gm-dbo-alikes
local   gnumed_v1   gm-dbo     ident   gm-dbo-alikes
# extend for any additional development or production versions, for example:
local   gnumed_v2   gm-dbo     ident   gm-dbo-alikes

You are missing an entry like

local   gnumed_v2   gmadm     ident   gm-dbo-alikes

I think.

Just try a line like

local   all     all     trust

and change it to something more secure once it works.

I assume you are running the bootstrapper and postgresql on the same
server(hardware)

else you would have to enable tcp connections

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany