Re: [Gnumed-devel] Greetings and wishing come back to GNUMed work

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Greetings and wishing come back to GNUMed work
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:17:27 +1000

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 07:53:45AM +0800, Syan Tan wrote:
>
>> Gnumed is apparently using pypgsql package because of it's callback facility
>> ;
>> e.g. the sql LISTEN/ NOTIFY commands , are available through pypgsql .
> yes, and, at the time of decision, Horst had made the
> decision and we haven't had a need to contest it since yet
>
>> Is that the reason your application needs to use pypgsql , or what is the
>> reason ?
> unit tests being available as I recall

We were reluctant to use mission-critical code which lacked even a vague
attempt at unit tests (or any other type of tests). When we looked two
years ago, pyPgSQL was the only Python-PG module with ANY tests at all.
That was teh unscientific basis on which we chose it - and the fact that
GNUmed had, at that stage, been using pyPgSQL for several years...

Tim C