Re: [Gnumed-devel] Clinicians: document content date in archive

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Clinicians: document content date in archive
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 09:02:17 -0700

On May 8, 2006, at 8:39 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

So, what do people think we should allow as input in terms
of string parsing. I am thinking of (d=digit)...

d or dd - date of current month...

Note how I did not suggest supporting any of the patterns
you mention.

d (or dd) is fast to input and unambiguous, so I disagree it be disallowed unless you are talking how it be *stored*. I agree that for the stored freetext value, a digit in isolation is meaningless.

So I presume now Karsten is talking about defining what is unambiguous (therefore acceptable) in the *backend* as opposed to how frontend/middleware code would translate/transform the input prior to storage? I had thought such a widget would be seen as desirable on the "functionality roadmap"?