Re: [Gnumed-devel] Evidence-Based Guidelines And Decision Support System

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Evidence-Based Guidelines And Decision Support System
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 13:46:22 +0200

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 05:36:49PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> People may be aware some time ago that I mentioned an open source
> project EGADSS whose aim was "a tool... designed to work in
> conjunction with primary care Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
> systems... to provide patient specific point of care reminders...
> Centralizing guideline management under one tool to permit easier
> maintenance of the content." http://egdass.org/
> Perhaps it is worth not letting it be completely forgotten, in case
> it informs how GNUmed and other EMRs could in future usefully retool
> their "export"-like functions.

I wish it had an XML-RPC interface like this:

context = egdass_server.get_context_template(type = 'treatment advice',
topic='diabetes')

print context.cookie
context.set('dob', ...)
context.set('insulin dependant', True)
context.set('last HbA1c', yesterday(), lab.value('HbA1c', yesterday))

success = False
while not success:
        success, advice = egdass_server.get_advice(context = context)
        if success:
                break
        print advice -> "last fasting sugar"            (mainly for programmers
to get it right)
        input = get_user_input(advice)
        context.set(advice, yesterday(), input)

print advice -> "Looks good, keep on regime"

Will review a bit and post what I think. Jim, please keep
notes on the Wiki if you find the time.