Re: [Gnumed-devel] testers needed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] testers needed
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:22:13 +0200

Hello Francois,

> I am on linux debian etch.
> I am using the official package of gnumed.
Ah, OK. Then it makes sense to use:

> $ gnumed --debug

> log file is [/home/lof/.gnumed/gnumed.log]
Would you mind mailing me the log ?

> Then I got the login window:
> And then:
> -------------
> gmManual: class cNotebookPluginOld used, please convert
This is just a warning. It doesn't affect GNUmed operation.
It is fixed in 0.2, too.

> ** (python2.3:3066): WARNING **: IPP request failed with status 1280
> ** (python2.3:3066): WARNING **: IPP request failed with status 1280
This is something that seems to appear in some Python
installations. It doesn't have to do with GNUmed.

> [ERROR]
> (/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Gnumed/pycommon/gmCfg.py:address@hidden):
> cannot find config file in any of the standard paths
> [ERROR]
> (/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Gnumed/pycommon/gmCfg.py:address@hidden):
> cannot find config file in any of the standard paths
> [...  ]
Not sure about this. A standard GNUmed Debian installation
really should make a config file accessible. I cannot really
imagine Andreas left out anything as important as that. I
could probably tell from the log file what's going on.

> The application start.
If the application starts it must have found *some* sort of
configuration file somewhere. I assume you are connecting to
our public database on salaam, right ?

> BMI is OK.But I can't create any patient.
What's the exact error ? The log file probably gives us more hints.

> Do you any patient name I could try?
Sure, go for "Kirk" (as in Captain Kirk of Spaceship
Enterprise fame).

> $ locate gmCfg.py
> /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Gnumed/pycommon/gmCfg.py
> /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Gnumed/pycommon/gmCfg.pyc
> /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Gnumed/pycommon/gmCfg.pyo
>
> So I got the file gmCfg.py.
Well, that's the *library* handling the config file, not the
config file itself :-) It's the one that *generates* the
messages you are seeing. You'd need to "locate gnumed.conf"
in either /home/lof/ or /etc/.

> Where can I change the path?
I bet you don't need to. What the message is saying is that
it cannot find the config file in the pathes GNUmed thinks
are standard config file locations. This does not yet mean
it does not find *any* config file *anywhere*. If the config
file is explicitely given on the command line (which I
assume the Debian package does) the config file really can
be anywhere. The log file will give us the definitive
answer.

> Is it my user path? (=$PATH)
Nope.