Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: rschedule

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: rschedule
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 09:20:16 +0200

On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 09:39:21AM +0800, Syan Tan wrote:

> is "gnumed" , then the action taken in java could be a number of things for
> interprocess communication to a gnumed
> application , say running on the same machine, ( e.g. a appointment searching
> listening socket, or a local identity
> list file in say the .gnumed directory regularly polled by the gnumed app , or
> a write to a postgresql identities_to_open table and a notify
> or it is polled by gnumed).
You could use the existing XML-RPC interface into GNUmed to
tell it to open a particular patient.

> Currently, gnumed has no idle state, it always has a patient open or it is not
> running at all.
Nope. you *can* have an idle state. For that to work you need to configure the

 patient_search.always_dismiss_previous_patient

option. It is largely untested, though.

> You could have a polling when idle timer running in the gnumed wx event queue,
I'd *love* to do such but haven't found a way to do it from Python.

> Alternatively, issue a notify command, but I'm not sure if the java sql
> component for postgresql lets you do it
> but it probably does.
Most likely as it's nothing more than sending a query like:

 select notify "open_id:xxx";

where xxx is the patient id.

> Someone needs to decide if it is desirable to try to link the appointments in
> oscar to gnumed,
I would think so.

> and
>
> then what is the desired mechanism to notify the gnumed applicaiton,
I'd suggest using the XML-RPC interface but it's up to you guys.

> specified in the appointment. Maybe slightly modify the gnumed search widget
> so
> that if it is a number, followed
> by the name, it sees if the this is a unique patient id, and if it is , just
> opens the patient
> without bringing up the search list).
It *already* works that way, of course. If the search result
is unique that patient is opened without any further ado.