Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics gnumed to oscar

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics gnumed to oscar
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 01:31:02 -0700

On Jul 3, 2006, at 1:05 AM, Syan Tan wrote:
This might enable

billing eventually, if someone can explain whether provider_no is important, as I notice the billing page doesn't

dropdown any providers for billing at the moment

Provider_no of the primary provider is stored in each patient's demographic record.

That value, I am sure, determines which doctor gets described as the default "Assigned provider".

Billing can however be done on behalf of another provider, for example the person who saw the patient in the absence of the usual doctor.

The popup for the billing provider filters only those records in provider that have a value in the field ohip_no (that is an Ontario, Canada-specific designation whereas in the GUI is is labeled "Provincial Insurance #:")

The billed item (created in the billing table) does use/store the provider_no