Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics gnumed to oscar

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics gnumed to oscar
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 19:59:36 +0800

ok, so I'm using a enum_ext_type with name "oscar_demographic_no" ok?

On Tue Jul 4 13:37 , Karsten Hilbert sent:

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 07:18:56PM +0800, Syan Tan wrote:

> it's a little bit fussy; so the search list produces demographic_numbers that
> are actually gnumed pk_identity numbers.
Who is searching against what ?

GNUmed against the gnumed schema ?
OSCAR against the gnumed schema ?
OSCAR against the oscar schema ?

We need to know exactly what we are talking about.

I'll assume the first case for now.

> When the user selects the demographic by clicking the number,
> the idea is to see if an oscar number doesn't exist for that pk_identity
> in an lnk_2external_id entry in gnumed.
> If it doesn't exist, then an insert is made into the oscar
> demographic key without a provider_number,
Sounds reasonable.

> and hopefully there is a mysql sequencer that will generate the
> oscar number. the last generated oscar number then needs to be retrieved,
> and inserted into the gnumed lnk_2_external_id as the oscar number against the
> pk_identity number
Yes.

> which is the old demographic_no.
> Then the demographic_no is swapped with the
> oscar_number and display processing continues.
I don't understand the last part. This swapping is needed
because OSCAR of course needs to continue processing with
the number it knows and not the number GNUmed knows, right ?

> later , when linking to to the encounter button is done, the demographic number
> looks up the
> lnk_2external_id for oscar number types, for the gnumed pk_identity, and this
> is used by xmlrpc to activate that identity.
Ah, yeah, need to go backwards then, from the oscar number
via lnk_ext_id2identity to the gnumed pk.

> Is that the agreed method ?
Sounds reasonable to me.

E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD 4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346