Re: Fwd: [Gnumed-devel] I need some help

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Gnumed-devel] I need some help
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 12:36:12 +0200

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 12:09:29PM +0300, Peter Damoc wrote:

> Right now the first things must come first and so... the plastic surgery
> section has to be cared for first.
> Requirements:
> - photo database management
> - some patient data (simple stuff)
GNUmed 0.2 can do that.

> - the database must support multiple working posts without interconnection
> requirements, like for example when dr. Stan goes to Bucharest (our clinic
> is in Bacau) for consults and post-op visits, he should be able to alter the
> database and when he returns home some mechanism must be in place to assure
> that the database on his notebook exports the data into the main database
> and the modifications we might have done here in the meantime get imported
> in his notebook.
As long as you can guarantuee that both of you will not edit
the same *patient* concurrently this is quite doable. One
might simply write a "complete-patient" ex-/importer and run
that after the off-site visit to sync the two databases.

In GNUmed I would implement it like this:

The laptop has a synced copy of the database when the
off-site visit starts.

When a patient is edited on the laptop that patient is
marked as changed.

Back in the main clinic I would export all changed patients
and re-import them into the main clinic database
*overwriting* the existing (old) records of those patients.
The same procedure could be done vice-versa.

Others may have better ideas.