Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gentoo ebuild done

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gentoo ebuild done
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:53:12 +0200

David,

that's interesting news !  Didn't know it was still around
and people are taking care of it. Is there any way to know
whether anyone installed it ?

> Click on the .ebuild file and look at it if you are curious. Notice how
> simple it is compared to debian.

"apt-get install gnumed-client" seems just as simple

> If gnumed actually used distutils,
I don't see how it can as it is not simply a "Python add-on".

> Unfortunately it is for 0.1... If there were no significant changes to the
> build procedure then making the ebuild work for 0.2 is as simple as renaming
> the ebuild file.
0.2 is not released "just yet". Which would be the file you
used to generate the ebuild from ? We certainly continue to
have tarballs.