Re: [Gnumed-devel] Dental software in python

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Dental software in python
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:38:32 +1000

James Busser wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2006, at 3:23 PM, Tim Churches wrote:
>>> the software uses a touch-screen interface, presumably so
>>> that the dentist can interact with an LCD screen on an arm while
>>> standing next to/over his/her patient.
>>
>> There is a video on their home page which demonstrates how the dentiste
>> interacts with the system while sitting next to their patient:
>> http://www.dental-on-line.com/index1.php
>
> Ideally, given that the screen is being touched by gloves that have been
> in contact with the patient's mouth, saliva, blood etc, it would be
> reassuring if they demonstrated the touch screen being cleaned. :-)

Yes, although it is vastly easier to clean a nice flat touch screen with
a quick spray with isopropyl alcohol than it is to clean the average
keyboard, even one with a neoprene cover over the keys. Or mouse for
that matter. I wonder how the touch screens react to constant cleaning?
Perhaps they use special ruggedised screens?

Tim C