Re: [Gnumed-devel] feature request about blobs

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] feature request about blobs
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:15:42 +0200

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 08:56:35PM +0800, Syan Tan wrote:

> I would like gnumed archive module to be able to import some documents that
> already are associated to a patient, but not associated to
> a reviewer , an encounter , or an episode.
You want to leave them unassigned for the time being, that is ?

reviewer:

Apparently the importer (script or human) doesn't know. I
would thus assign the the user ID of the importer because
that's who is to decide about the reviewer. If someone else
is to decide about the reviewer that's the user ID I'd use
for the now-current reviewer :-)

encounter:

The very act of importing counts as an encounter. So there
cannot really not be one. However, you may want to manually
link the document to another encounter later on. Are you
asking for GUI help for doing so ?

episode:

Yes, this may truly be unknown at the time of import
(because the importer doesn't know (non-medical staff) or
cannot decide (script). We have the very same situation
right now transferring our parents' data from the old
database into the new one. Our solution is to use a fake
episode called "as-yet un-episoded documents" to link the
docs to.

Is that sufficient for your purpose ?

> Can gnumed store documents against a patient as an intermediate stage
> where the document can be viewed against the patient,
Not really. We do, however, have
clin.incoming_data_unmatched for the die-hard as per
discussion with Jim Busser on this list.

> but the option
> is there to make the other associations to an episode or encounter or reviewer
> manually in a client interface?
In the current (as of 0.2.2) interface:

episode: yes
reviewer: yes
encounter: not currently

database level: yes, all three are settable