Re: [Gnumed-devel] guidline routed diagnostic in GNUmed

From: Philipp Walderdorff
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] guidline routed diagnostic in GNUmed
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:43:56 +0200

-----------------------snip----------------
Eine dumme Frage: bin im
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2006-09/msg00062.html
und wollte auf ein posting antworten und wei~ nicht, wie man das macht.
Deshalb schreibe ich die Mail an sie pers|nlch.
-------------------------snip ------------------------------------

EGDSS (http://egadss.sourceforge.net/frameset.html) sounds interesting. As far
as I have understood it has to be implemented into GNUmed, it cannot be
started without EMR.

But this is not exactly what I want:

Theese are two pair of shoes:
* A programm which looks after evidence based guidlines, a decision-help for
clinical diagnostic, which presumable will take some time and attencion of
the doctor to navigate and finde the decision. Certainly important in seldom
cases.
* A case- and doctor-dependent checklist, which remember the doctor on
important questions and at the same time offers answerfilds, the possibility
to document the case.
In other words I whish a quick system which helps me to document the case and
remember me on important things to think.

To the veterinarian discussion mouse or not mouse:

I agree with all of you, that the keyboard is the quickest way of entering
datas, regardles if one can hack very quick or not into the keyboard.

My question is not mouse or not, but:
  How can we offer a system, that can guide us through the diagnostic chat via
offering answer-fields to questions, where we can document the case very
easely and quick AND precise.
If it is quicker and simpler with the keyboard, I agree totally and have to
swallow, that I will not be able to sit in front of the patient with open
arms, one hand on  the mous.

But I am not convinced yet, that this is true. What is quicker: To enter an
injury at an exact location (vlc.reg.PIP dig. med.man.dxt) or to throw a
injury-sign or a pain-sign or what ever sign on to the exact location? If
this application is programmed well (this is conditio sine qua non) it could
be that this is quicker. And if for this purpose we have got the mouse in the
hand, we would go on klicking .... But (conditio sine qua non) the question
is if we can realize a good programm-flow. That is the big question.
The question is not mouse or not, but if it will be possible, to reduce the
huge amount of possibilities to some few important question at the moment.
An important role will play the graphical design, which would help to
orientate on the screen. Special things, well known,  always on the same
screen-position ... and so on. This is what I would like to see.

But here begins my problem. I would have to learn wxPython.
So certainly you  will have to wait half a year or more ore more ore more till
I have learned that and  then I will try again to convince you ..  hopely :-)

Philipp