[Gnumed-devel] yet another way to try gnumed

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] yet another way to try gnumed
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:52:30 +0200

 Zero installation GNUmed virtual machine

This should be the easiest way to try out GNUmed and Ubuntu ever. This method
works on GNU/Linux and MS Windows without any configuration on your part. All
you need is the VMware player .

VMware Player lets you evaluate new or pre-release software contained in
virtual machines, without any installation or configuration hassles. You can
also share existing virtual machines with colleagues or friends—just use
VMware Player to run any virtual machine.

Please visit the website of VMware to get and install the VMware Player.

Next step is to get a copy of the GNUmed virtual machine. GNUmed's virtual
machine is made of several large files which total 3.6GB in size. We lack the
resources to put these files up for download. We will ship it on DVD instead.

The GNUmed virtual machine features a complete installation of Ubuntu Edgy and
sports GNUmed's installation packages.

Email me to arrange for shipping.

In case anyone has the space and bandwidth you are free to distribute the
GNUmed virtual machine in any way you like as long as you honour the GPL.
--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany