Re: [Gnumed-devel] ECG integration?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] ECG integration?
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 19:00:21 +0100

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 07:30:31PM +0000, Adrian Midgley wrote:

> These devices are popular and the ECG can be integrated into several
> record systems.
>
> http://www.numed.co.uk/biolog.html
>
> THat shouldn't present a problem, I suppose?
>From looking at their site, no, I don't think it would be a
problem at all as long as they hand out the interface specs.
I couldn't find any downloadable from their site. Neither
did a superficial Google search reveal any quick secrets.

We have implemented software to read data from their
MicroLab spirometer, however, and it was neither hard to do
nor hard do get information from them. So I suppose it's
possible to get the specs.

If you need this and get them to send me the specs I'll
commit to implement importing their ECG and attaching it to
a patient's  EMR as a document of type "ECG" (or similar
type). Your call :-)