Re: [Gnumed-devel] what happened to the GNUmed developers ?

From: Peter Damoc
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] what happened to the GNUmed developers ?
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:33:50 +0200

On 11/25/06, Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
Now what does that tell me.
Obviously we lost developers or at least active commiters.
Still community building seems to have failed.

What's your take on this?

I might be biased on this one but... I believe it is due to very high entry barrier.
I did tried some time ago to install GNUMed on a windows machine... tried and failed.

I don't have time to fetch and solve all the dependencies of GNUMed... it is very frustrating.
For me an EXE distribution means "independent", means I can try something and not change my current development environment...

the default choice of pgsql for backend kept me away...

Sure... on a linux machine things might be trivial BUT on my windows machine, even trying to see how GNUMed works is hell.

My 2 eurocents.

Peter
--
There is NO FATE, we are the creators.