[Gnumed-devel] GNumed 3rd party connectivity

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNumed 3rd party connectivity
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:00:29 +0100

Hi,

just short of the new release 0.2.4 GNUmed has seen a massive debugging and
testing session. Karsten and I have worked 20 hours or so straight to fix the
bugs that come up. Some of them being old but just surface when you actually
use GNUmed. Anyway. GNUmed now has a somewhat debugged slave mode for third
party applications that commicate via xml-files, sort of.

We have a German practice management software that export a patients name and
stuff into a file which GNUmed can read, open, enter if missing and raise a
particular plugin.

That way the Windows legacy app tells a running GNUmed instance to open
patient Jane Doe and raise the document scan/input plugin or the viewer
plugin. Now how cool is that.

BTW if you have other apps that export patient data you can tell us about the
format or create the so called xDT file yourself. It's just plain text with
bunch of numbers before the content string.

Anyway take a look here (It's german but has pictures) to get an idea of how
we interact.
http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/LegacyAppConfiguration

@ AU-team How are those GUI/GNUmed rewrite efforts coming along. Anything we
can borrow from your code ? Hope you guys succeed in producing a AU tailored,
cleanly written and still maintainable solution.

@ Jim How is real life with OSCAR ? Working ok for you ? I am always
interested in success stories. That's why I started the section in our Wiki

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/SuccessStories

@ Syan. I remember you talaking about importing huge number of patients into
GNUmed and doing some research on the data. Are you willing to share your use
of GNUmed if any.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany