Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed Release 0.2.4.1

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed Release 0.2.4.1
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:58:22 +0100

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 07:40:56PM +0100, RKI Andreas wrote:

> >So, eventually, getting a nice and fresh GNUmed database
> >working on your Debian server will be nothing more than:
> >
> >     apt-get install gnumed-server
>
> Please announce something if it is ready not before.
That's always good advice.

> I'm afraid people who are googling for the line above will see
> it and just try it but fail because it is not yet ready.
Well, for one thing no one announced that it is available.
Also, we cannot help people who are are unable to discern
Future Tense from Present Tense (semantically, not
necessarily grammatically).

I'd rather have people find this post and ask about failure
than having them not find any post and not ask anything.